Do you feel tired and lazy for most of the day? Your lack of attention to diet and fitness could be responsible for it. The fast-paced life that we are living in today can make it hard to take out time for healthcare. If you are also bearing the brunt of your lacking attention to health and diet, hemp can be the perfect solution for you.
With the recent wave of legalization and research surrounding it, hemp is emerging as an effective way to add nourishment to your daily life. If you are wondering what hemp is and how it can help you, you are in the right place. Read on and find out everything about it.
What is hemp?
While you might already be familiar with cannabis or marijuana, hemp is the cannabis plant that people grow solely for industrial use. A plethora of products like fabric, rope, medicine, and even food comes from the hemp plant.
All parts of the hemp plant have their unique uses, but it is the seed of hemp that stores all the nutrients. A majority of people often get confused between hemp and cannabis. Cannabis contains both THC and CBD, however, it is the THC that makes it a psychoactive or high inducing drug.
Hemp, on the other hand, has almost no THC (< 0,3%) and cannot get you high. So, if it is the safety reasons that were keeping you away from hemp, you can let go of the fears, for it is entirely safe for use. CBD oil derived from hemp is legal and safe for consumption. It is used to treat various ailments.
How can hemp impact your health?
1. Packs a punch: Did you know that people call hemp as a ‘superfood’? The saying that big things come in small packages holds true when it comes to hemp seeds. Hemp gets the tag of a superfood as the seeds store a dense supply of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. By consuming these nutrients through hemp, you can strengthen your immune system and live a healthier life. Here is all that you can find in hemp:
- Minerals like zinc, iron, magnesium, and calcium
- Gamma-Linolenic Acid or GLA
- Vitamin D
- Two types of proteins, Albumin and Edestin
How to consume it: Hemp seeds are edible so you can consume raw seeds as well. If you don’t like the nutty taste of raw hemp, you can enjoy smoking it in a genius pipe.
2. Aids weight loss: If you are keen on losing weight but find it challenging to hit the gym, hemp seeds can aid your weight loss journey. Apart from having a low level of carbohydrates, hemp is also sugar-free and gluten-free. What makes it an ideal dietary supplement for weight loss is the fact that it is rich in fiber. While it will keep you full for a prolonged time, it will also keep your gut clean.
How to consume it: Hemp flour can be an effective way to get rid of your hunger pangs. You can use it to bake bread instead of standard flour and stay full for a much longer time.
3. Nourishes you with protein: Are you non-vegetarian planning to reduce your meat intake or go entirely vegan? While veganism is surely on the rise, people still face difficulty in finding ways to get the required amount of proteins from a plant-based diet. Hemp can be the perfect addition to your diet for you can get 10 grams of protein from every two tablespoons of hemp seeds. To stay healthy, the human body needs both types of proteins or amino acids, essential and non-essential. While your body can make a few amino acids, you need to source the essential amino acids from your diet. Hemp can provide you with all nine essential amino acids and non-essential amino acids, as well.
How to consume it: Hemp oil can be a great addition to your diet, since it will enrich you with proteins. You can make dressings or dips using hemp oil instead of olive oil. If that sounds like a task, you can sprinkle a few drops of oil directly on to your food.
4. Keeps heart issues away: With the rising level of stress and unhealthy diet becoming a part of our lives, our heart becomes prone to many diseases. So much is the damage that heart ailments have become one of the top reasons for death. Hemp is rich in fatty acids like Omega-3 and Omega-6, which are not only essential for a healthy heart but can also keep many ailments like blood pressure and cholesterol at bay.
How to consume it: Roast hemp seeds and add them as a topping to your breakfast, be it a salad, toast, cereal, or muesli.
5. Regulates menstrual cycle: Many women undergo severe hormonal changes and mood swings before and during their menstrual cycle. It can lead to cramps in the abdomen, irritability, and even bloating. Seed cycling is consuming raw seeds according to the menstrual cycle to regulate the flow of hormones and ease the other symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome. While seed cycling is a common practice recommended by doctors and dieticians to menstruating women, they are now adding hemp seeds in the diet. Hemp seeds contain Omega-3 and Omega-6 in the ideal ratio of 4:1, which helps to regulate the level of estrogen and progesterone, which are responsible for PMS symptoms.
How to consume it: There are two phases of a menstrual cycle, they are Follicular and Luteal Phase. The Follicular phase begins the day you start menstruating and goes for 14 days, and the Luteal phase begins from 15th day and goes on till the 28th day. You can consume two tablespoons of hemp seeds during both the phases to regulate the cycle and get rid of inflammation and pain.
Since the legalization of hemp after the passing of Hemp Farm Bill of 2018, it has managed to become a household name. While it is already popular with cannabis users, the many benefits of hemp are making sure that it gets the long overdue credits. Hemp is a storehouse of all the nutrients and can be the most suitable dietary supplement you need to live a healthy life. If you think your body needs a little extra nutrition, get hemp today from any online dispensary Canada.