This is our library on scientific research related to CBD, the Endocannabinoid System, other cannabinoids and Mood Disorders. Below you will find a list of conditions for which there are one or more scientific studies of CBD. The source of these scientific studies relates primarily to PubMed, an online service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Important: The studies that are listed by PubMed are for the most part preclinical research. These relate in most cases to animal experiments with isolated CBD (pure CBD) and not fully extracted CBD extract. Although mammals have cell receptors that respond to cannabinoid compounds, the data collected from animal studies are not always 1: 1 applicable to humans. Always check with your physician before starting a new dietary supplement program. Learn more at The Basics of CBD Oils and Cannabis as a Therapeutic Agent
- Beyond the CB1 Receptor: Is Cannabidiol the Answer for Disorders of Motivation?
- Cannabidiol, neuroprotection and neuropsychiatric disorders
- Effects of CBD on regional cerebral blood flow
- Endocannabinoid system dysfunction in mood and related disorders
- Multiple mechanisms involved in the large-spectrum therapeutic potential of cannabidiol in psychiatric disorders
- The endocannabinoid system in the regulation of emotions throughout lifespan: A discussion on therapeutic perspectives
- The endocannabinoid system & psychiatric disorders
- The endocannabinoid system & the treatment of mood and anxiety disorders
- Therapeutic Potential of Cannabinoids in Psychosis