This is our library on scientific research related to CBD, the Endocannabinoid System, other cannabinoids and Neurodegeneration. Below you will find a list of conditions for which there are one or more scientific studies of CBD. The source of these scientific studies relates primarily to PubMed, an online service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Important: The studies that are listed by PubMed are for the most part preclinical research. These relate in most cases to animal experiments with isolated CBD (pure CBD) and not fully extracted CBD extract. Although mammals have cell receptors that respond to cannabinoid compounds, the data collected from animal studies are not always 1: 1 applicable to humans. Always check with your physician before starting a new dietary supplement program. Learn more at: The Basics of CBD Oils and Cannabis as a Therapeutic Agent
- Cannabidiol, neuroprotection and neuropsychiatric disorders
- CBD Activates Neuronal Precursor Genes in Human Gingival Mesenchymal Stromal Cells
- CBD attenuates OGD/R-induced damage by enhancing mitochondrial bioenergetics & modulating glucose metabolism
- CBD for neurodegenerative disorders: Important new clinical applications for this phytocannabinoid?
- CBD normalizes caspase 3, synaptophysin, and mitochondrial fission protein DNM1L expression levels in rats with brain iron overload: implications for neuroprotection
- CBD reduces brain damage and improves functional recovery in a neonatal rat model of arterial ischemic stroke
- CBD reduces neuroinflammation and promotes neuroplasticity and functional recovery after brain ischemia
- CBD: A promising drug for neurodegenerative disorders?
- Interactions between CBD and THC following acute and repeated dosing
- Memory-rescuing effects of cannabidiol in an animal model of cognitive impairment relevant to neurodegenerative disorders
- Modulation of Astrocyte Activity by Cannabidiol, a Nonpsychoactive Cannabinoid
- Molecular Targets of Cannabidiol in Neurological Disorders
- Neurological aspects of medical use of CBD
- Short-term effects of cannabidiol after global hypoxia-ischemia in newborn piglets
- Short-term effects of CBD after global hypoxia-ischemia in newborn piglets
- Transdermal delivery of cannabidiol attenuates binge alcohol-induced neurodegeneration in a rodent model of an alcohol use disorder