CBD vape refers to vapor that contains CBD. So, the more relevant question should be, what constitutes a CBD vape juice? To answer that question, let’s start by understanding what CBD and vape juice are. CBD is an abbreviation for cannabidiol. It’s one of the most therapeutic compounds obtained from the cannabis plant.
The primary differences between CBD and THC lie in how the two substances interact with the user’s mind. THC is famous for its psychoactive and intoxicating properties. On the other hand, CBD doesn’t come with any mind-altering or intoxicating effects.
What Is A Vape Juice?
As the name implies, vape juice is simply a liquid that’s intended for vaping. Vaping refers to the act of inhaling vapor through a special battery-powered device known as an e-cig or a vaporizer.
Now, the vaping process not only simulates traditional cigarette smoking but is also considered a healthier alternative to smoking. Most experts recommend vaping to chronic cigarette smokers who are trying to quit smoking.
One fundamental difference between vaping and smoking is that smoking involves combustion, whereas vaping does not. In vaping, vape juice is administered into a specialized tank in the dab pens. When you turn on the e-cig, the batteries power the coil, which in turn heats the liquid in the tank. The liquid vaporizes and as you suck air from the device, the suction force created draws the vapor into your mouth.
Typically, there are five major vape juice ingredients.
- Vegetable Glycerin (VG) – This is a natural sweetener that’s used as a preservative to the other ingredients of the vape juice. It also boosts the thickness of the vape oil.
- Propylene Glycol (PG) – PG is colorless, odorless alcohol that enhances the release of flavors from a vape juice, thereby delivering a throat hit similar to what users experience when they smoke tobacco.
- Flavorings – A typical vape juice comes with numerous flavorings, including Vanilla, Fruity, Chocolaty, to mention but a few.
- Water – Vape juice manufacturers add water to their products to help carry the flavors to the vaper’s mouth.
- Nicotine – Contrary to what most people think, most vape juices do contain nicotine. The substance is more than 99% safe if inhaled in particulate form. Apart from addiction, there are no documented health risks of consuming nicotine.
So, where do all these leave CBD?
Now, when you add CBD to the above ingredients, it is known as CBD vape juice. CBD vape juice goes by many other names, including CBD vape oil and CBD e-liquid. There are numerous advantages of vaping CBD vape juice. Most notably, you get to enjoy all the therapeutic benefits that cannabidiol comes with.
Here are some conditions you can treat or manage by vaping CBD e-liquid;
- Diseases that are symptomized by pain, including arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, and endometriosis
- Conditions that manifest in inflammation, such as Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome, cancer, and psoriasis
- Anxiety disorders, including Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Neurological conditions like epileptic seizures
CBD vape juice can also help you relieve insomnia as well as boost your appetite, energy levels, and mental focus.
Another significant advantage of CBD vape juice is that it’s easy to administer. That’s because the e-liquid comes with predetermined CBD strengths, which gives you more control of the amount of liquid to vape.
Lastly, CBD vape juice is available in a wide array of CBD strengths and flavors. This is particularly important for beginners who can choose e-liquids with lower CBD concentration and sweeter flavors. As you evolve into a seasoned vaper, you’ll have a lot more flexibility in terms of the flavors and CBD strengths that you can experiment with.
So, How Does CBD Vape Juice Make You Feel?
CBD vape juice delivers different feelings to different vapers. That mostly depends on a number of factors, including the concentration of CBD in the e-liquid and a vaper’s individual sensitivity to cannabidiol.
Before using a CBD vape juice, you must first understand the strength of cannabidiol in the liquid. The higher the CBD strength, the more potent the substance is.
Ideally, you can’t tell the potency of your CBD vape juice while vaping the substance. You’ll only be able to assess the strength of the CBD once its effects kick in. For instance, a CBD vape juice with a lower CBD concentration may take up to 10 hours to kick in. On the other hand, an e-liquid with a higher CBD strength might become effective in as little as 3 hours.
But while CBD doesn’t deliver any immediate perceptible feeling, the equation suddenly changes when it comes to a full-spectrum CBD. Essentially, CBD vape juice can be categorized into three groups depending on the number of cannabinoids in the substance.
In that regard, we have CBD isolates, which are substances that contain no other cannabinoid except CBD. Next, there are broad-spectrum CBD products formulated to include other cannabinoids but eliminate the psychoactive THC. And lastly, there are full-spectrum CBD vape juices that feature various forms of cannabinoids, including THC.
If your e-juice is made from a full-spectrum CBD, you’ll experience the famous “high.” That’s due to the mind-altering effects of THC in the liquid. Contrary to popular belief, the psychoactive effects of THC aren’t entirely bad. Medical experts recommend full-spectrum CBD vape juice, as vapers can synergize CBD and THC’s therapeutic effects in the liquid.
However, beginner vapers should experiment with low doses of THC, especially if they’re vaping for medicinal purposes. Also, seasoned vapers must ensure the full-spectrum CBD vape juice they buy contains the legally accepted THC concentrations. In the U.S, a full-spectrum CBD vape juice is only legal to the extent that it contains a maximum of 0.3% THC.
Most CBD vape juices don’t come with any psychoactive properties unless the liquid includes THC in a high amount. When scouting for a CBD e-liquid product, the convention is to examine the ingredients used and ensure they’re safe for consumption. Pay particular attention to THC’s strength, especially if you’re shopping for a full-spectrum CBD vape juice.